Lyman 450

• Last Post 30 September 2017
Pigslayer posted this 21 August 2017

Quite some time ago I broke the handle on my old Lyman 450 lubrisizer. (Red handled). I used to get on the Lyman website & order various things from them & had seen that they offer a retrofit handle kit for it. They have since changed their website and didn't see that kit offered. Started to get worried. Called them & yes, they still have it. $21.00 plus shipping. Whew! FYI.

-Pat Reynolds

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken T posted this 21 August 2017

Lyman reworked their website recently.I'm not sure they're done yet.It is possible again to order parts from their website.Not as simple as the old parts ordering website but easily enough done.

Attached Files

Bohica793 posted this 21 August 2017

I just ordered one of these this morning.  I had just gotten a 450 with a severely Bubba'd handle to use for black powder lube and decided to replace it.  Anxiously awaiting Brown Santa now.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 21 August 2017

Sign up for their monthly email specials, some are really good. I don't know if they had them before the new website or not, but the prices on the specials are great. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 25 August 2017

Got my 450 handle upgrade kit today. Looks really heavy duty & well made. I'll put it on tomorrow. Don't know how they sell it for $21.00.

-Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 25 August 2017

Because they made the original for $.12.

Attached Files

Bohica793 posted this 25 August 2017

Received mine today as well.  Took 5 mins to install it including time to open the package and find my 7/16 wrenches.  I now have a good as new 450 for a grand total of $56 ($25 purchase + $31 for the handle shipped).  I'm happy..

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 25 August 2017

You got a good deal for sure! I bought mine used about 20 years ago for $40.00. The only reason my old handle broke is because I installed a brand new die & didn't lubricate it before using it and it stuck. Go figure.

Attached Files

Ken T posted this 30 September 2017

I recently came across a couple of handle conversion kits I bought a couple of years ago and decided to install them on a pair of 450's.I discovered the lubricant reservoir covers were not compatible with the handle conversion kits.The older 450 covers are thicker than the cover for the 4500 and prevent the ram from moving all the way up.A bit work with a file fixed the problem.

Attached Files

Close