I’ve started using Rooster Jacket tumble lube on my gas checked 30 caliber bullets. Rooster recommends it’s lube for lower velocity plain based pistol bullets. The stuff is nice to work with. It doesn’t seem to smoke or goop up my hands or dies. It dries quicker than the liquid alox blends. I put my bullets in a square tube get them wet and while wet sprinkle motor mica generously over them and swirl. I’ve sized them after they dried and this seems to cause no ill effects. I’m getting close to 2000fps using lyman 2 type alloy and water dropped wheel weights. Accuracy is good maybe better.
Full Dose Rooster Jacket
- 290 Views
- Last Post 10 February 2023
Hey...auto-correct I'm fed up with your shirt!
That an interesting take on Rooster. I use it on my paper patched bullets. I'm going to try your technique on some .243.
Reminds me of a story. A priest, a rabbit, and a minister walk in a bar. The bartender looks at the rabbit and says what are you doing here? The rabbit says " i'm only here because of auto correct.
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns and Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference