different 98 Krag

• Last Post 08 February 2021
GWarden posted this 07 February 2021

Wheelweight had posted about some Krags he had acquired in auction. Wanted to post about a 98 Krag I picked up several years ago at a gun show, the dealer did not know what he had at all. This is a real unique Krag, has a blind magazine. I know Griffin-Howe did such a modification on the Krags, but this was not done by them. The bore is a truly pristine one. This is one of those rifles that has been used, but not abused, sure would like to hear stories about this rifle. I did refinish the stock and put the Lyman front sight on. Does excellent job with cast, the 311284 bullet. Going to be looking to find a new home for it, the eyes just aren't what they use to be. 

Shot 10- 5 shot groups and ended up with a agg for the 10 targets of 1.335", smallest .820 and the largest 2.105" 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Wheel Weights posted this 08 February 2021

Pls PM me price and availability. Thanks.

Attached Files

GWarden posted this 08 February 2021

Mashburn

I would love to find out the person that built this rifle, this rifle just seems to evoke that there are some wonderful stories about it. Appreciate you comments about this unique Krag. I will try and post some pics after I take it apart to seem the work that is not seen on this project. You all have a good day.

bob

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • wd-30/40
ray h posted this 08 February 2021

Beautiful rifle, how did they do a blind magazine??

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 08 February 2021

Hello GWarden,

You have a very beautiful rifle. Do you have any idea who built it? I've started several times during my lifetime of rifle smithing to build such a critter but was always covered up with too many projects. i still have the action laying on a shelf in the shop waiting on something to do. The only real flaw, that I see, is that it isn't mine. Thanks for such a nice post and pic.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • wd-30/40
John Alexander posted this 07 February 2021

I appreciate that when you said it does an excellent you offer shooting results to show exactly what excellent is.

I agree it does an excellent job.

Adjectives are cheap but don't really tell a reader much.

John

Attached Files

Close