cast bulletsfor rossi 92

• Last Post 2 days ago
2frogs posted this 2 weeks ago

Having just got this rifle 38\357 and some 125 and 158 grain cast bulletsI have made a few

dummy rounds in 357 and the damn things fail to feedand i have made them a littleshorter and

still issues. Any ideas?  thank you..

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
delmarskid posted this 2 weeks ago

Tried longer? Mine fed button nosed 38  wadcutters when I seated them out half way. It fed flat round nosed 357 and 38's when I seated to the crimp groove. I wish I could tell you the over all length but I don't have the rifle and I didn't take notes.  

Attached Files

Coydog posted this 2 weeks ago

Have you crimp your bullets? I had read somewhere that there is a problem on some with the follower ,I have a earlier  one of this rifle. and what ever I shoot in my BH  works in this rifle . Shoots on target. I had a problem with something broke and brought to my gunsmith and he you can say overhaul it and change the follower and remove the safety off of it also.  He test fire it like normal and found it is on target for 100 yrds on a 6" steel plate. 

Attached Files

admiral posted this 2 weeks ago

Many .38/.357 Keith SWC style bullets won't feed in some lever actions. The rifles need a rounded nose to feed trouble free. What kind of bullets are these?

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
2frogs posted this 2 days ago

These are round nose they jam if I try to work the lever to fast. Maybe it just need to be broke in.

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 2 days ago

These are round nose they jam if I try to work the lever to fast. Maybe it just need to be broke in.
Mine was stiff when it was new. I oiled it till it dripped and worked the action while I watched TV. Maybe watch the follower move up and down to see if it catches . If you tie the hammer back with a zip tie it is easier .

Attached Files

Close