Alox

• Last Post 04 April 2019
JeffinNZ posted this 02 April 2019

It's been a while since I used liquid Alox.  Forgot how much I love the smell.  That's not a bad thing, right?

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Bill2728 posted this 02 April 2019

I had to go open a bottle...I don't think I'll use it as an aftershave

Bill

Attached Files

frnkeore posted this 02 April 2019

I do all my lubing, with a lube that is 70% Alox. I pan lube on my wife's kitchen stove

When the lube melts, she always lets me know, by the oder (sweet smell )

She shoots with me so, that helps!

Frank

Attached Files

I also sniff spent shotgun hulls and like the odor of Ballistol.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • TRKakaCatWhisperer
  • Dukem
David Reiss posted this 02 April 2019

Ballistol is great, love it when my wife dabs a little behind her ear. Like Imperial Die Wax on dry hands. But I draw the line on Break-Free, smells like something my great aunt wore, just repulsing. 

All time favorite though is not gun related, red cedar. My grandmother had a lined closet and I would sit in it and play for hours when I was just a little booger. Since a have a full woodworking shop, I am thinking of building a coffin out of it. Will keep the bugs out too, that's a comfortable feeling in more than one way. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
cfp4570 posted this 02 April 2019

I like the smell of alox too, and have sniffed freshly fired shotshells since I was a kid. My dad used to laugh about that. I have to say, hulls with a paper base wad smell the best.

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 02 April 2019

You'all levin' out the classic Black Powder stink.

Attached Files

beagle6 posted this 02 April 2019

While sniffing Alox, Ballistol and fired shotgun shells is perfectly normal, nothing, but nothing, beats Hoppes # 9 for taking you back to happier times.

beagle 6

Attached Files

jchiggins posted this 02 April 2019

As a member of the CBA, and a concerned citizen who dabbles in psychological disorders, I believe we have come to an "awkward place".  Perhaps there are unknown side effects to casting that are becoming apparent on this forum.  Call me if you need to hear a reassuring voice that won't laugh (too loudly).  First consultation is free.  In the meantime, I'll be playing with my lead collection; ingots are great for building forts the lead soldiers can attack.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • Bill2728

As a member of the CBA, and a concerned citizen who dabbles in psychological disorders, I believe we have come to an "awkward place".  Perhaps there are unknown side effects to casting that are becoming apparent on this forum.  Call me if you need to hear a reassuring voice that won't laugh (too loudly).  First consultation is free.  In the meantime, I'll be playing with my lead collection; ingots are great for building forts the lead soldiers can attack.

LOL!

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 03 April 2019

Ya'LL; I have a certified live-in shrink.

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 03 April 2019

Hoppe's #9, best smell in the world, after fresh coffee & My Wife's POT ROAST. 

And maybe DUNHILL Early Morning Pipe, the smell of a fresh can just opened. A hot cup of Italian Roast. On a quiet Saturday Morning just before the Sun comes over the horizon and blinds me, so I have to turn 180degrees around. 

AND DUNHILL STOPPED MAKING THEIR TOBACCO'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!

Damned pussy limey bastards have stopped making it. Probably some knuckle-under PC crap. 

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 03 April 2019

jchiggins: I had those moulds that made lead toy soldiers when I was nine or ten years old. Can you imagine what folks today would think of parents who let there kids play with melted lead. No harm  ever came of it. I guess kids were smarter back then or maybe just luckier. LOL Gp

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Dukem
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 04 April 2019

i am in dubble trubble ...

i can conjure up the smell of Hoppes and No. 80 Sporting smoke at the same time .... 

i have no hope for redemption  ... and i don't really care ... 

ken

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 04 April 2019

I remember a blonde in California who asked, "What fragrance do you like?"

I replied, "Hoppe's #9."

Several weeks later, she said, "I've been to every fragrance counter or shop in LA and no one knows about Hoppe's #9, where do you get it?"

My reply, "Any gun store."

Even a long detailed explanation did not save that relationship. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Eutectic posted this 04 April 2019

Thank your lucky stars, that relationship was not worth saving.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Close