Writing your elected officials

• 3.9K Views
  • Last Post 05 January 2013
hunterspistol posted this 31 December 2012

:coffee    This is the easy version, courtesy of Jeff Quinn (Gunblast.com):

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML>http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML 

In the event you need to write them, good luck.

Ron

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ervin posted this 01 January 2013

Do you really think those “public servants” in DC care what we think?

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 02 January 2013

:coffee   Whether or not they care, they're still going to hear from me!

Attached Files

whelenshooter posted this 02 January 2013

And they just have from me and my wife.  Hope you all do the same.

Attached Files

GBertolet posted this 02 January 2013

I think it is very important to contact your elected officials. Most politicians, unless they are hardcore on one side or the other of an issue, wait to see which way the wind is blowing before they commit to a vote. They definately do keep a talley sheet on contacts from their constituents, pro or con on an issue,  determining which way that wind blows. Different methods of contact carry different weight. A hand written letter is highest, followed by an email, and lastly a telephone call. I prefer to use the NRA/ILA website to send my emails, as well as followup email. Just put your zipcode in, and all your elected officials are listed. Using their system, you can type one letter, and the system will add all the proper salutations, and send the letter out to all the designated elected officials. It's easy.

http://www.nra.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx>www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

Attached Files

CB posted this 02 January 2013

I recall seeing a post when I was lurking about on this forum by the webmaster I think his name is Jeff or something like that. I tired to look him up in the members list but I cant find him, I wanted a copy of the sample letter he had posted, but I can't find that either. I thought it was a very well written letter. Does anyone have a link to that letter so I can find it?

Thanks Tom

Attached Files

Ervin posted this 02 January 2013

It was never my intention with my post to discourage anyone from contacting their elected officials. Sorry if some of you took it that way. I too contact my representatives on a regular basis. It was just my way of venting my frustration over the situation in DC. Ervin.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 02 January 2013

Ervin you have nothing to apologize for either in this thread or the one about calling Paul Gans (still smile at the mental image of you staring at the receiver after you were hung up on). Save your apologies for when you really insult someone,. I know I have to.

Tom that thread was removed because the CBA forum has a policy of no political or religious threads. The only exception is to inform members about Second Ammendment issues that might impact us all. It was thought that the thread you're referring to went beyond informing and into the discussion part of it so was removed. Past experience has shown that strict adherance to the rule has to be observed for the good of both the forum and the organization.

Attached Files

CB posted this 02 January 2013

So you mean we can't discuss 2nd amendment issues but we can say things about 2nd amendment issues?? That is pretty darn confusing. Are there any written guidelines I can read so I make sure I don't go over the line?

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 02 January 2013

As a moderator I don't write the rules I just follow them. My take on it is that if you hear about current or impending legislation pertaining to a Second Ammendment issue you can inform the members and provide links. We're not allowed to get into a big discussion about political or religious issues. There's plenty of sites on the web that cater to that already and a lot of times they're not pretty. Recent and past unpleasantness has forced the BOD to implement this guideline and maybe it'll turn out for the best. The forum rule is below.

Board Votes to Keep Forum Free of Religious and Political Discussion

The Cast Bullet Association's Board of Directors have voted to discontinue hosting religious and political discussions on the CBA Forum.

I proposed this motion after years of the moderators' best efforts had been unsuccessfully in keeping discussions on these topics from degenerating into heated and ugly arguments and denouncing of posters of differing opinions. This was causing hard feelings between members, changed no minds, and produced no value to the CBA and our efforts to support and encourage cast bullet shooting.

There are hundreds of discussions group on the Internet where political opinions can be expressed and it is fairly easy for individuals to start and manage one themselves if additional opportunity is wanted.

A strong majority of the Board agreed that these heated exchanges were casting the CBA in a bad light with potential members and should be discontinued.

Because of the importance of the Second Amendment, an exception will be made for notices strictly to alert the membership about specific proposed regulations or laws that might restrict the ownership or use of guns.

Attached Files

CB posted this 03 January 2013

That is the biggest bunch of double speak I have heard of short of Washington itself.

I will say that this policy,for a shooting organization, puts you CBA guys in a worse light than any political discussion could.

I was considering joining, but with a policy like that, I doubt I will.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 03 January 2013

As I said I'm just a moderator. I don't write the rules I just follow them but please try to remember that you're a guest on this forum.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 03 January 2013

Well, they say it is what it is. Maybe two days and 7 posts is too soon to make a judgement. Anyway, TJ, you must be interested in shooting cast bullets, maybe in competition, to bring you to this site. It's a great place to learn and share info along those lines. What are you shooting?

Attached Files

I have a variety to choose from 357, 41, 44 and 45 pistols, my reason from coming here is starting to learn for my rifles, 243, 7mm, nd I want to see if I can get my 280 to shoot lead bullets.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 03 January 2013

I've messed around with a .243 and 7x57. I used Lyman 245496 in the .243 with decent but not great results. In your 7mm or .280 you might try the Lee C285-130-R. For starters keep the velocity down. If you already reload for your handguns you probably have a suitable powder. Try a 'search' here and you'll turn up some good info. Have fun.

Attached Files

Nice, thanks for a starting point, got me a bunch of blue dot to start with.

Attached Files

Tom Jefferson wrote: I recall seeing a post when I was lurking about on this forum by the webmaster I think his name is Jeff or something like that. I tired to look him up in the members list but I cant find him, I wanted a copy of the sample letter he had posted, but I can't find that eith er. I thought it was a very well written letter. Does anyone have a link to that letter so I can find it?

Thanks Tom

Hi Tom. If you find that letter you're wanting can you pass it on, I'd like to have a copy myself.

If you're looking for rifle load data you can also go to the actual CBA Website, not here on the forum. Check out the 'match' results. There is load data listed there that might work with yer calibers........Dan

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 04 January 2013

tom re: the lee 285-130.

that bullet never shot better than about 3-4 moa in my good shootin' ruger 77v 280 rem . two different molds, ...the nose was undersized for my barrel ...

the rcbs 145 gr silhouette shot 2 to 3 moa with no fiddling.

there is a long thread going on here about small bore cast bullets ....” shooting 22 cast ” or something like that ... and the 6 mm would fit in nicely in that effort ... myself intend to play with the 6 mm pretty soon, one attraction is that benchresters are throwing away perfectly great match barrels when they lose a match ( g ) ... i've already got a bunch of them ...

welcome to the forum ... ken

Attached Files

CB posted this 05 January 2013

The dems introduced 8 anti guns bills to day.

Attached Files

Close