My Homemade Rotary tumbler

• 3.6K Views
  • Last Post 01 January 2013
smifffphe posted this 19 December 2012

Well its almost done. Cant wait to finish it. Waiting on buddy to wire it and then i will be making the Barrel. Cost is

Motor 35 bucks steel rods 6 beabearings 10 rubber hose 6 pully's and belt 28 Toggle switch 3 Outlet box 3 wood free

TOTAL COST = 91 Dollars

Still have to make the barrel. Going to try and use an air tight 5 gallon bucket with a screw top i picked up at Lowes. Im looking for 8” PVC to make the real drum i want. Tell me what you think?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
highstandard40 posted this 19 December 2012

The 5 gal bucket will work if you put baffles in it. A smooth cylinder won't perform well.

Attached Files

Sonny Edmonds posted this 20 December 2012

Oddly enough, I can't see a thing in the picture. ?????

The commercially made tumblers are hexagon, or more. And rubber lined. And remarkably quiet in operation. All you really need is bumps to cause a tumble action. Not blades or flippers. And water tightness. That's important. And note that 5 gallon buckets are tapered. You want both ends to be the same diameter. So maybe 2 lids, one you open, and one to make the bottom the same diameter as the top. (Just bolt it to the bottom of the bucket)

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 20 December 2012

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=6969>smifffphe:

What no pictures yet? Please post pictures.

Gary

Attached Files

smifffphe posted this 29 December 2012

Hey, how do i add pics here?

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 29 December 2012

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=6969>smifffphe:

The easiest way for me is having a Photobucket library that I upload my pictures to. Then I post them here by copying the image code into my post.

Attached Files

smifffphe posted this 29 December 2012

Thanks, i will try that right now.

Attached Files

CB posted this 30 December 2012

Click “reply", which takes you to an advanced screen, instead of the “quick reply” box I'm using to write this. At the bottom of the page is a box for attachments. If your pic is already on your computer, click “browse” and locate the file for the pic. IIRC, all you need to do from there is double click the image code, and it will automatically be transferred.

Attached Files

smifffphe posted this 30 December 2012

I created the account on photobucket. Then after uploading the pic viewed it then went to the links to view. Ive tried to copy all of the links and nothing works. Help. All i want to do is post the pic?

Attached Files

When you open the post to insert a photo from an external source such as photobucket there is an icon in the tool bar above the posting area that has small colored balloons in it, click that and insert just the URL of the photo like this:

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b493/mrsmifffphe/ResizedImage1355671433161zpsa1100557.jpg

Then click send and your pic will appear.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 30 December 2012

In your album, scroll over the top right corner of the picture and a gear shaped icon will appear. A tool bar will drop down. Click on “Get media links"

A window page will open over your photo. There are 6 different types of links there. the one that works on this forum is under the title IMG code. Click on the box under IMG code. That copies the image code and holds it.

Go back to your active post that you are writing. locate your cursor where you want the picture located then right click. then clock copy. The code will be entered in the text.

Now click on your preview box to see that your picture is there.

Click send and your post with picture will be complete.

If this seems difficult....get a teenager to help you!!!!!

There is several ways to do this . Even the insert code tags tab in the posting tool box will work, but this is not needed with IMG codes from Photobucket.

Teenagers know all the tricks to do this, you will be surprised the stuff they can show you about posting pictures on forums if they are into social media at all.

I have posted videos here that open from my posts. That is not hard either.

Gary

Attached Files

Ok i will try. Thank you!

Attached Files

Here it is

Attached Files

The Testing forum under the General topic is the place to play figuring how to get this to work for you.

You have navigated through opening a PhotoBucket account and uploaded pictures into an album. That is really the hard part. You will get it. Play in the testing forum, you will figure it out.

Gary

Attached Files

well, you got Jeff's picture to post full size. Now lets see one of yours. HAHAHA!

Nice bearings on the roller rods.

g

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 30 December 2012

I had one like that. I wish I'd thought to put the rollers at the ends. Mine had plastic gallon jars with pine strips tacked to the insides. Plastic buckets with furring strips fastened by dry wall screws might be the ticket. An old friend once joked that he used a cement mixer. Not a bad scheme I'm thinking.

Attached Files

What is the RPM of your motor and what is the diameter of tumbling container  and what is the RPM of your tumbling container?

Gary

Attached Files

A guy on Brian Enos has built a couple of them with great success:

http://www.brianenos.coms/index.php?showtopic=130815

Lots of information in this thread

Attached Files

Looking good! I just may need to add one of these to my tumbler collection!

Attached Files

smifffphe posted this 01 January 2013

The speed of the motor is 1175 rpm and i still need to build the 6 inch diameter pvc tumbler. Waiting on my funds to build a little. Just got a Glock 22. Not sure how fast the drum will turn yet but will let you all know when im done.

Attached Files

Close