Gun shop photos

• 5.2K Views
  • Last Post 20 December 2016
  • Topic Is Solved
Rifle 57 posted this 27 March 2012

Hellow guys I have not been on the site for a while.I thought some of you might like to see some photos of the shop tools that I have bought in the last 18 years of business.I know that I like to see what other people use in there shops.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Brodie posted this 27 March 2012

i FOR ONE WOULD LOVE TO SEE SAID PHOTOS.  BRODIE

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

msc 13x40

Attached Files

true turn 16x40

Attached Files

colchester 15x50

Attached Files

Rutland tools 9x42 bridgeport copy

Attached Files

3 HP Baldor grinder with 14"x3” wheels

Attached Files

All this stuff is cramed in a 10x24 shop. I have some more tools in a smaller shop that I will post latter.I hope you enjoy!!  

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 28 March 2012

hi...eating my heart out...especially that big colchester.... i owned a machine shop for 40 years...the last half lots of cnc stuff.  but with cnc only the first part is fun (g) ... since retiring i am keeping an old belt driven southbend 13 x 39 ....to do gunwork on...ok, and a hardinge hnc in case i need a dozen of something (g) ... fwiw, on the msc lathe, be careful using the thread dial ...some threads may require you to use the same exact dial line.

nice toys !!     ken

Attached Files

raytear posted this 28 March 2012

:doooah: After seeing your pics, I just about ruined my keyboard by drooling on it. BTW, a 10 X 24 machine shop is 10 X 24 more than I have.

Good shooting. . . and gun tinkering! RT

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 28 March 2012

Thanks guys I am glad that you enjoyed the photos. Ken I know what you mean about starting on the same line on the thread dial on the MSC . I have allways made a habbit of using the same line on the dial after the first threading pass on all of my lathes. Thats just the way that I got use to doing it.

Thanks Loren.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 28 March 2012

Ken Campbell, Iowa wrote: hi...eating my heart out...especially that big colchester.... i owned a machine shop for 40 years...the last half lots of cnc stuff.  but with cnc only the first part is fun (g) ... since retiring i am keeping an old belt driven southbend 13 x 39 ....to do gunwork on...ok, and a hardinge hnc in case i need a dozen of something (g) ... fwiw, on the msc lathe, be careful using the thread dial ...some threads may require you to use the same exact dial line.

nice toys !!     ken My Dad was a machinist for Hardinge Bros. for 32 years!

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

rojkoh posted this 21 June 2013

Nice I need one of these, don't have my old Lathe anymore. I just got a M1A with a heavy barrel and the area around the gas cylinder mount is out of round.... not pleasant.

Attached Files

4570sharps posted this 28 April 2016

Very nice!

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 29 April 2016

Thanks. I have some more machines a Atlas 7” shaper and a Bridgeport 8x15 surface grinder and several grinders-sanders and a nice Baldor buffer also a really nice Trinco 36” bead blast cabinet and of course tons of tooling.   Loren.

Attached Files

4570sharps posted this 18 December 2016

What pics?

Attached Files

John Carlson posted this 18 December 2016

Me too.  I see the descriptions but no pics.

John Carlson. CBA Director of Military Competition.

Attached Files

PETE posted this 18 December 2016

I'll third the question.... What pictures?

Pete

Attached Files

mrbill2 posted this 18 December 2016

I don't see any pictures either.

mrbill2

mrbill2

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 18 December 2016

I think we lost most of the photos on old threads when the site was redone.

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 18 December 2016

Ok guys I restored some of the photos of my machines

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • SierraHunter
John Carlson posted this 19 December 2016

Much nicer!

John Carlson. CBA Director of Military Competition.

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 19 December 2016

There are some nice machines there. Wish I could afford a newer lathe. Living with my dad's old one for now but it's a hunk of junk.

Attached Files

Brian posted this 19 December 2016

Thanks for posting the photos. Very impressive! I can't believe how clean and tidy your shop is. 

Also, I like the photo of the young shooter with the rifle.  Brian

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 20 December 2016

Thanks guys that is my 2nd youngest of 8 grandsons he is holding a Uberti 1885 in 45 Colt and he loves shooting as most boys his age that photo is about two years ago he is 13 years old now and a foot taller. Man they grow fast now a days.

Attached Files

Close