Photo help

• 2.5K Views
  • Last Post 21 December 2012
rmrix posted this 19 October 2010

Boy! Would I love to put some pictures on here. One Picture is worth one thousands words and all that...

I have looked over the info I can find. No luck. I must be computer challenged. Can you direct me to some step-by-step help? Is it in the history somewhere? I will copy it and have it desk-side the next time I feel the need to include a picture.

:dude:

Thanks!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
biddulph posted this 19 October 2010

Me too!

Attached Files

CB posted this 19 October 2010

If it is just a single picture you can use the attachment feature. If you have more than one photo you would like to put up per post, click on the edit button and then add a second attachment. Same for any past that. You will have to use the reply button in the blue bar to be able to see the attachment feature and not the quick reply below the posts.

Attached Files

CB posted this 19 October 2010

If you're starting a new topic look underneath the box where you're typing and you'll see a “Browse” button. Click on that and find the place where you saved your picture in the drop down menu on the top. Once you found your picture file click on it and it will attach to your post. The picture won't show up if you preview your post before sending it but you'll know it's attached if you see the “Delete attachment IMG_ whatever” right under the “Browse” button after you attached it.

If you want to include a picture to a post that's replying to someone elses click on the “Reply” button on the top of the post you want to reply to and you'll get a screen just like if you where starting a new topic and you'll be able to include a picture. I haven't figered out how to include more than one picture per reply so just keep adding new posts until I get them all on here.

If you can't get it to work or my instructions suck let me know and I'll try to help you some more.

Attached Files

rmrix posted this 20 October 2010

Jeff, Pat,

Thanks for the photo help.

When I next get the opportunity I will try to post a picture.

I have the directions printed and ready to go!

-Nice picture of the Smith by the way!-

Attached Files

nimrod posted this 21 December 2012

I was trying to attach a picture to my post about the plain base thread. I hit the browse button and a drop down box appears and I can find my picture but have not figured how to actually attach it to the post. Go slow I ain't exactly 'puter gifted.

Richard

Attached Files

CB posted this 21 December 2012

All you need to do is click on the name of the file once you have found it on your computer and then click the post button. It will appear under what ever text you have written. Oh yeah, you must have yext in the body of the post even if it is just the title of the picture.

Attached Files

nimrod posted this 21 December 2012

Still not working I'm trying to edit a post by adding a picture. When I find my post them hit the browse button a box pop up in the left hand corner. I find my picture and click on that but then after that everytime I try to click on something all I get a ping sound from the computer. I don't see any “post” button there is send button on the bottom right of the original post. What is “yext” ?

Thanks for your help! Richard

Attached Files

CB posted this 21 December 2012

click the send button, did you try that one?

Attached Files

biddulph posted this 21 December 2012

/Users/jameswalker/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/10/21/20121021-131903/IMG_0578.PNG

Attached Files

biddulph posted this 21 December 2012

Damnation! I'm not an idiot and use computers at work all day long including a number of data bases etc have never had problems attaching photos in other systems i.e. emails etc, but I'm damned if I can do it with this system!!

Attached Files

Close