Canadian gun registry to be repealed

• 4.6K Views
  • Last Post 01 March 2016
kidwalli posted this 05 November 2009

Just a note to let you know that yesterday our parliament voted to repeal the gun registry as it applies to long guns. This bodes well for the future of American hunters coming to Canada.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JetMech posted this 05 November 2009

Excellent! It's about time the government of our closest neighbors has finally seen the folly of some of it's policies. Thanks for the news.

Attached Files

Lead Shaver posted this 05 November 2009

That's wonderful news...I share your joy! Now, if the handgun registration can be scrapped......

Attached Files

CB posted this 06 November 2009

That is great news. I was there for the call in gun registration, what a floop!

I wish they would do that in the states.

Jerry

Attached Files

Dicko posted this 09 November 2009

That's very good news.  Our hideously complex and restrictive law is based on the Canadian model so it will help us to point to repeal there.   But it was promised a long time ago - what took so long ?    And why keep handgun registration ?  It has been around since 1934 and has done no good as the police have admitted.

Still, I wish to hell we could get long guns unregistered in South Africa.   No chance of that with out communist government.    

Attached Files

CB posted this 09 November 2009

Dicko,

Where are hiding your FAL or your AK? :)

Jerry

Attached Files

Johnny Breedlove posted this 09 November 2009

Does that mean we won,t have to declare our long guns when we go through Canada to Alaska? Does that mean we will be able to protect our selves from would be crimminals? I know that Canada has some draconian laws about self protection. I guess I mignt have to deal with that after the fact.

Attached Files

CB posted this 09 November 2009

To take firearms into Canada, even thru Canada there is still paperwork to do, plus you need a trigger guard lock and should have a lockable gun case. You can not bring handguns into Canada, there are exceptions to that rule, but most Americans don't fit into those exceptions.

Crime in Canada is way less than what we have in the states. It is best to avoid criminal areas if you ever find one.

Jerry

Attached Files

afish4570 posted this 06 September 2011

Almost 2 yrs. since news of Canadian Gun Law repeal.  Any new news as to wheather it did or they are still dinking around with it.??afish4570:dude::dude:

Attached Files

1kshooter posted this 06 September 2011

nothing has happened yet...and we are not allowed to use a firearm to protect our selves or our family...ever ... and handguns are still for punching holes in paper!

Attached Files

72coupe posted this 07 September 2011

1Kshooter I keep a target pistol in my nightstand.

Fortuneately I live in Texas and I can use for things other than target shooting.

Attached Files

1kshooter posted this 07 September 2011

72coupe wrote: 1Kshooter I keep a target pistol in my nightstand.

Fortuneately I live in Texas and I can use for things other than target shooting.

I hear you...but here if you were to have to God forbid use it...you would do more time in jail then a bad guy...even after he raped your wife and daughter!!

the system makes no sence...a police officer is not!!!! going to get there before an assult...but if you defend your self from sure death by use of deadly force you are going to do a lot of hard time!

I read a case about a guy that had two armed men break into his garage and then were not able to get out as the door had no handle on the inside and when the men tried to enter the house he told them he was armed and the police were on there way

police arive and the two men gave up witout insident and the home owner was charged with uddering threats with deadly intent!! and for holding the two men against there will!!!!!!

Texas......bring bring! 911 how can I help?....send the meat truck! justice was servered in my garage tonight!.....are you ok sir?? yes I am fine ...the recoile was not to bad at all!

different worlds we live in my friend....:(

Attached Files

Hornet37 posted this 24 January 2016

This is an audit of the effect on the introduction of gun laws in Canada between 1974 and 2008.

Read it and weep if you support back ground checks and gun owner licensing.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?lpekoeub268b8af

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 01 March 2016

I find the prohibition on self-defense particularly odious and stupid. Right now, I am reading an authoritative tome on early written English law.
The earliest written law not only in Medieval England, but other and even older, civilizations, specifically permits the use of necessary force for self-defense. And that includes in extremis. Whatever could our Canadian neighbors been thinking, when they value a criminals' life over that of the victims?

Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Close