75 caliber bullet mold maker

• 6.2K Views
  • Last Post 2 days ago
BigGun posted this 13 October 2009

I need to have a custom 75 caliber buller mold made.  Yes I'm sure it's 75 caliber.  Anybody have suggestions, places they've had good luck with and especially people that are easy to deal with.  I am new at mold specifying so I'm going to need a little hand holding.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 13 October 2009

I'd give Veral Smith at LBT a call and see what he has to say.

Attached Files

Southron, Sr., posted this 18 June 2011

Joe Tanner can make you a round ball in any size you want, right up to cannon ball size.

Just “Google” him up. He is located in England but will send you your mould by airmail. He has fast service.

Attached Files

Fg1 posted this 19 June 2011

http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/>http://www.jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk/

I have several of Jeffs moulds and they work great ! Hes fast to ship too ! The dont have a spru cutter but a pair of side cutters work fin to trim spru's off . I have one in 75 cal and it empties a 10# pot right right quick !  

Attached Files

BigGun posted this 21 June 2011

I appreciate the replies.  After talking to some of the so called hot shot mold makers in the US I got the impression that if you weren't doing somehting super duper that they could tack their name to they weren't interested.  The were nice and all but they just never got back with me after I sent the design.  I eventually did some research and found that LEE slug mold blocks were big enough to handle the bullet size and those people are great.  They sold me one with handles and blank, no cavity.  I found a friend of a friend of a friend who had a CNC mill and he made the mold.  Like the one gentleman said it will empty a pot in nothing flat but drops nice round hollow base 75 cal bullets like nothing.  I haven't loaded any yet but as soon as I fill the bases with paper mache and get a little free time I'm going to try it out.  I may write it up for the magazine when it's done.  Sad part is that a one hole group can't be any smaller than .75” diameter.  Again thanks for the help to all who contributed but so far project completed.

Attached Files

shjoe posted this 21 June 2011

i had dixie gun works make up a 76 cal round ball mold for me to use in my 10ga muzzleloader.i dont remember the cost, but it was reasonable otherwise i wouldnt have done it. your right, Ed. at 660grs each and 110grs ffg, uses up lots of lead when casting.

Attached Files

CB posted this 21 June 2011

For that matter, you could have bought an existing bullet mould and had the cavity re-cut to your design. Regardless... best of luck!

Attached Files

BigGun posted this 23 June 2011

I see I have left something important out from the responses I am getting about round ball molds.  This is a cartridge gun.  The bullet design is a conical somewhat like a minnie ball with a big hollow base.  From what I have found on the european sites the base was filled with paper mache.  Uses brass 12 gage shgotgun shells cut anfd reformed to the chamber and about 60 gr of black powder.  Rifle was called a Tabatiere.  Largest caliber firearm ever issued to troops.  A real hoot to shoot but not too often.

Attached Files

Dusty Ed posted this 30 July 2012

Howdy Big Gun I ordered 90 cal. round ball mould from Jeff. It was only 2 or 3 weeks it was delivered. It is for my Naval Cannon. Dusty Ed

Attached Files

longarmed posted this 30 July 2012

I ended up creating a drawing for the bullet and giving it to a local machine shop along with a blank slug mold from the good folks at LEE.  They cut the mold to my dimensions and it works great.  Bullet is sort of a mini ball style and not a round ball.  I think a round ball I could have done on my lathe myself but this was a little beyond my confidence level.

Attached Files

Chickenthief posted this 28 October 2013

Tom at Accuratemolds.com will do almost anything you can draw! And has .75's on his www.

Attached Files

barnabus posted this 2 days ago

ive ordered three moulds from tanner every single one is so out of round i cant use them -up to .010 

Attached Files

Close