WW score!

• 1.9K Views
  • Last Post 24 August 2009
Seabee posted this 23 August 2009

Well this week I  was able to pick up 1100lbs of WW. Cost was 240$ most of the buckets had 0 stick on weights. I guess someone wanted them. I am OK with that. I am almost done with my 400 lbs of WW. My problem is keeping the 20 lb pot hot enough to not freeze up the down spout.  I can make about 100 bullets every 5 min.  I like to get it to a point i can keep casting and not have to weight for reheat. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 23 August 2009

Seabee

My simple question is what are you going to do with 1500 lb of wheel weights unless you plan on casting for the next 200 years. I would be careful Code Enforcement doesn't come around.

Stephen Perry

Angeles BR:fire

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 23 August 2009

Code what? Let me know if you want to sell some of that.

Attached Files

Good haul for a good price.

Attached Files

GL49 posted this 23 August 2009

let's see, 158gr X 500/week X 52 week/year = 587 pounds per year through my 38/357. You now have enough WW's to last me two years. That's if I don't let my 15 year old son shoot anything, or if we don't shoot my 44's or 45's. Bottom line- you don't have nearly enough WW's. Congrats! you made a great haul.

Attached Files

Or if Seabee shoots 100 230 grain bullets a week out of his 45 it'll be gone in 6 1/2 years.

Attached Files

JetMech posted this 24 August 2009

20 years ago, when I got WW free, I'd go thru 500 lbs a year.

I managed a score myself this weekend. After checking the last 2 places that would even sell them to me, one said he had none and the other said he had an exclusive deal with one person, and it wasn't me. Driving around the neighborhood I'm moving to, found a tire store that gives them away! Told the owner I'd pay $40 a 5gal bucket, it appears I have my own exclusive deal! I'll find out next weekend.

Attached Files

CB posted this 24 August 2009

WW Salvaging

I reported this earlier. Seabee lives in California good for him. As far as I know in California sometime in December this year places of business will have to turn in WW and other lead commodities to the State or its appointed salvaging agencies for storage to meet environmental  laws. I don't agree with such as I feel lead and lead by-ptoducts are part of our natural eco-system but that is what's coming. Scavange as you must but in 2010 what is left in WW will be black market and who knows what the penalties will be if caught. Probably go nationwide. I feel these enviro people have been Planning this one for a long time.

I know first hand how some of these enviro's think I work down the hallway from them in our County Public Works Department. I work in the enginnering side of the Road Dept. We Plan and build roads. The Envto guys and gals do land swapping that delays our projects by decades sometimes. Obviously I am not an Enviro when it has yo do with dealing Transportation Projects,.Transportation moves goods and services.

Stephen Perry

Attached Files

Seabee posted this 24 August 2009

Thanks. I live in Clovis NM, I moved here from CA 15 months ago because the gun laws. I shoot a lot of 410g 500g for my sharps rifles and lots of 255g for my Rugers and one more gun, My Thompson m1a It likes lots of ammo.

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 24 August 2009

As my group of calibers increased to six, firearms to nine and bullet molds to twelve, I used 200 pounds of lead.  That 1500 will go quick enough.  Get more if you get the chance, they work on discontinuing it.

Attached Files

CB posted this 24 August 2009

Seabe

Your a lucky guy New Mexico is one of my favorites. I paricularly like the Raton area.

Stephen Perry

Attached Files

Close