COLORED BULLETS

• 3.5K Views
  • Last Post 12 March 2010
sart256 posted this 21 August 2009

A friend has got herself 1 of those pink Charter Arms revolvers and to go with the pink grips and case, she wants pink bullets. She wants them to put in cartridge loops for show at shoots or display in the case. Is there a way to make pink bullets?! We could'nt keep shooting fashion to shirts and pants, Heaven help us!!!

Stephen 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
runnin lead posted this 21 August 2009

I think that you get them from those chickens that lay the low colesterol pastel colored eggs

Attached Files

crash87 posted this 21 August 2009

Intead of painting her nails, She's painting her bullets. :doooah:

Attached Files

.30/30 Guy posted this 09 September 2009

Try pink magic marker.   When I was shooting indoor pistol we would color code our centerfire brass with the magic marker.

Attached Files

runfiverun posted this 09 September 2009

about the only thing i can think of is a tumble lube in thinned out nail polish,couple of coats i would think. or soak in food colored water maybe. soak in clothing die maybe.

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 11 September 2009

I have some .45acp's that are GREEN. Lacquer paint.

Attached Files

CB posted this 12 September 2009

Cast the bullets out of pink tinted wax & load them with inert primers & no powder.

Attached Files

largecaliberman posted this 18 September 2009

Finger nail polish. BTW, finger nail polish comes in different shades of pink. BTW - would she also manicure the bullets. (lol)

Attached Files

Wally Enga posted this 18 September 2009

This is completely off topic here, but when I first saw the Title of this thread --- Colored Bullets --- it reminded me of a match held at the Pioneer Gun Club in Kansas City a couple of years ago.

Larry Rickertsen was shooting an 03-A3 in an Issue Military Match and had used a red marker on each cast bullet to orientate each bullet in the chamber. There was light rain that morning and the targets were wet.

When we would go down to change out the targets after a string, by far the majority of the holes would show a red streak on the wet target indexed at say the 5 o'clock position.

I am not trying to say that they all indexed in that position, but way more then could be expected from any random distribution  --- amazing considering the hundreds of revolutions those bullets made before going thru the target at 100 yards.

Wally

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 18 September 2009

When I first saw the title I thought it was some kind of time warp KKK thing. I was very glad to see I was wrong. Probably should've kept that to myself.

Attached Files

technojock posted this 22 November 2009

Can lead be anodized like aluminum? If so, this could be a good way to go...

Tony

Attached Files

Don Fischer posted this 22 November 2009

This is off topic too. My grand daughter got her first gun a couple years ago, a pink chipmunk. My disowned son bought it! And another lady I knew that we field trialed with showed up one time with a bright pink saddle balnket and a pink head stall and reins. It's a girl thing!

Attached Files

corerf posted this 22 November 2009

Try to tint the LLA, using your favorite pink crayon. It is common to use a crayon to color tint the lube for many home brewers. Lube factor may be diminished but crayons are synthetic now (IIRC) and so burning the crayon and effects that the burn may have would be mitigated.

Pink crayons, liquify it in MEK or Acetone, preferably MEK due to it's volatility. Once fluidized at least to paste, add to Paint Thinner in generous amounts. Thats little PT, lots of crayon paste. Add sufficient PT to make a “fluid” at least as thin as LLA. Then add to the LLA. The MEK should flash off very fast but allowing the PT oil base to keep the crayon in suspension. The LLA should carry and bond the crayon to bullet. Use quickly as the crayon will likely want to go solid quickly

Thats my 2 cents on pink bullets.

Attached Files

argie1891 posted this 22 November 2009

maybe we could dress each bullet up in something from victoria secrets. i am sure they have something small enough for a 38 special. joe gifford aka argie1891

if you think you have it figured out then you just dont understand

Attached Files

Dalerj posted this 23 November 2009

When I was a kid, I had a .257 roberts. I used my mothers used lip sticks to mark my bullets. At 1200 fps the bullets would mark the targets just fine so I could tell which holes were mine.

Attached Files

Dicko posted this 14 December 2009

I remember a magazine article about a bolt action pistol similar to Rem XP 100.   There was a photo of it dressed in a pink fibreglass stock !

Attached Files

raytear posted this 14 December 2009

Years and years ago when fighter planes were prop driven and they used a canvas target shaped like a windsock towed behind another prop-driven plane, the military used bullets coded by paint color to know who had hit and who had missed by the paint streaks, missing or present, on the fabric. I bet that made fro some great allibies: “That danged blue paint just doesn't let the slugs fly where they are pointed."

I would try scuffing the surface of the bullets to give them some “tooth", then dip the assembled rounds--bullets only--in the appropriate colored lacquer--maybe several coats.

Attached Files

.22-10-45 posted this 12 March 2010

hello, tell her to obtain some high-copper content lead alloy such as a babbit bearing material. now this stuff will be harder than blazes & probably take a high heat setting, but they will be a slight reddish color. wouldn,t want to put too many thru a pet barrel.

Attached Files

Close