450 Bushmaster

• Last Post 03 April 2023
MarkinEllensburg posted this 03 April 2023

I have decided to get a 450 Bushmaster. I see that Accurate has sold 6 of their 45-260G. Wondering if any of our forum members are among the 6. Any other cast bullets tried? I will probably start with the Lee 250 gr flatnose .45 colt bullet. I am unlikely to hunt with this since I have plenty of other options.

Any other tips for AR platform cast bullet shooting are welcome.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
dbarron posted this 03 April 2023

Excellent. Bring it to a match for “show and tell “.  I’ve been very curious about that round.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • MarkinEllensburg
Fitzpatrick posted this 03 April 2023

I have a 45 Raptor in the AR-10 platform ,but still similar round I shoot a 405 gr powder coated bullet that I size down to .453 load it over 21 grains of 2400 and get groups around 2 in.at 100 yards but is a hammer on deer and hogs .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • MarkinEllensburg
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 03 April 2023

aha ! ... i am not the only one who aquires unjustifyed guns in unjustifyed catridges and pays unjustifyed prices ... 

bet you also have unjustifyed dies for cartridges you don't even have rifles for ...

we don't need justifyed, we just need more guns ...

ken

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • MarkinEllensburg
MarkinEllensburg posted this 03 April 2023

I do have dies for cartridges that I don't even have rifles for.....

For some reason I keep buying stripped lowers...

For the longest time I even had molds for calibers that I didn't have. Hmmm actually I still do.

Over on that other cast bullet site there are a few threads. Seems 450 Bushmaster works with cast bullets. 

I'm trying to do my part on your last point ken.

Attached Files

Close