26 February 2021
I couldn't get the size below the 2mb max. I used another camera. I have two muzzle brakes for this rifle. I couldn't get the shorter one to group with the Sierra 225 BT, so the builder sent me a larger brake, which worked much better. Ironicly I switched to the Speer 250 grain Hotcore anyway for my hunt. The brakes load up with cast bullets, which I removed for cast bullet use. The rubber resonator on the barrel, does make a difference in accuracy. Small but definite.
I let the builder go, to add what he thought best. A Douglass 1-12 barrel, Timney trigger, cock on opening bolt, extra power FP spring, Pacific Research fiberglass stock.( I was told that this stock was a prototype, one of a kind, at least back in 2001 it was). The action was blueprinted, receiver was contoured to take Win 70 scope bases,(it was a Winchester Enfield), metal parts were finished in a teflon bake on finish. Apparently the chamber was cut to minimum dimensions, as no matter how hot of loads I used, and I had some screamers, the fired cases glided effortlessly through my Redding sizer die. Total cost was a little over $1000, with me supplying the action, back in 2001.