357 round nose bullets

• Last Post 20 April 2021
2frogs posted this 16 April 2021

Anyone willing to sell round nose bullets for my Rossi 357? Thank you

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rmrix posted this 17 April 2021

what weight? I'm not in the bullet business but might figure a way to get you some to get you going.

Attached Files

2frogs posted this 17 April 2021

Guess weight doesn't really matter . I was told my 158 gr SWC will not feed through the action. So thought I would go with round nose first. Thanks. John

Attached Files

max503 posted this 17 April 2021

You must be talkin' a lever action rifle. Have you tried swc's? Mine feeds them. It even feeds full wadcutters if I seat them with about 1/4" out of the case. They look funny but they shoot really well at 50 yards. At 100 they start to key hole.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • 2frogs
  • David R.

Yes Rossi lever action. I'm going to load a few and try them. They may feed with no problems. If so I wouldn't need any round nose bullets. I used to cast lots of bullets but when I moved I got rid of everything thing I had. Thanks

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 17 April 2021

In lever actions the usual cause for a bullet not feeding is that it is too long.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • 2frogs
  • David R.

Do you use the oal listed in the Lyman manual? I will load up a few and see how it goes. Thanks for the info.

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 17 April 2021

My Rossi fed semi's okay.

Attached Files

max503 posted this 18 April 2021

Here's how I load the 148 grain wadcutters.  That Rossi is one fun gun.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • 2frogs
  • David R.
2frogs posted this 18 April 2021

That's cool.maybe I'll get some and try it. Thanks

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 18 April 2021

That's cool.maybe I'll get some and try it. Thanks
Yeah, I think they feed pretty good. I did button nosed wadcutters seated long. Hornady 180 XTP's were a beast.

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 20 April 2021

I've got some Commercial Cast RNFP's if ya want to try them. 

Feed Great in a Lever Gun.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • 2frogs
Close