310 Cadet Follow Up

• Last Post 27 July 2021
Squid Boy posted this 26 July 2021

Shot the Cadet today with my Accurate 32-133D heel lubed bullet. I was having a devil of a time seeing the target today but I think this shows promise. The stringing on the target is all me since the SD was 10.5 fps. This target is OK at best. The load data is on the target. Vectan BA 7-1/2 powder. The results show about 88 fps slow against the predicted but it was shooting to the sights. The tic marks along the edge are one inch spacing. Not the target I wanted to be able to show but it is what it is. Thanks, Squid Boy

310 CADET Target series 6

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JeffinNZ posted this 26 July 2021

Nothing to sneeze at 100 yards!!!

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • delmarskid
delmarskid posted this 26 July 2021

What is your sighting arrangement?

Attached Files

Spindrift posted this 26 July 2021

Excellent results, congrats!

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 26 July 2021

Thank you for those kind words. Here is a picture of the rifle as I shot it today. I believe the rifle is a Model 4 and I was forced by poor eyesight to put on a BSA No. 8 rear sight and use a Gehmann optical peep. I am able (usually) to see the front sight and target even though the original barrel sight is still in place. This thing was a game changer for me when I comes to shooting. I thought I was resigned to scopes but this helps me get some decent shooting. I can see (no pun) why the Olympic shooters use them. Thanks again, Squid Boy 

310 Cadet

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • delmarskid
longhunter posted this 27 July 2021

Thanks for sharing.  I was wondering if you had a scope or different irons on your rifle.

You have got me to get going on my rifle.  

Thanks for all the info.

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret.

Attached Files

Squid Boy posted this 27 July 2021

I say we start a little Martini fan club! I think they are great little rifles. They can be a challenge and have their quirks but they are interesting and rewarding. I have four small ones. A Model 8 in 22lr, two Model 4's, one in 310 Cadet and another in 32-20 and a switch barrel Model 12 in 22lr and 357 Herrett. I also have one Martini-Henry in 577-450 that I converted to a Creedmoor style rifle. Thanks again for the kind words. Best, Squid Boy  

"Squid Pro Quo"

Attached Files

Close