.303 Brit range time

• Last Post 01 July 2022
JeffinNZ posted this 19 June 2022

Finally got some rifle range time.  I found some H4198 (AR2207 by ADI) I forgot I had so loaded some up behind some WW CBE 316-240 bullets (236gr).  19.5gr produced a very agreeable group at 100m/110y.  Front band is sized .312 and fits tight in the leade.  Rear bands are .314.  Nose is .304 and engraves.  Measures 1 inch exactly between furthest holes.  But we all know a LE can't shoot MOA........LOL.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
pisco posted this 19 June 2022

Got to be happy with that

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
delmarskid posted this 20 June 2022

I just finished reading your bedding blog. I’m convinced.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
pisco posted this 24 June 2022

What bedding blog are you referring to 

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 25 June 2022

Chasing Lee Enfield Accuracy. | Cast Bullet Association | Online Forum | Bullet Casting Forum

Formerly posted on Boolits site.  Added to blog now.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
JeffinNZ posted this 26 June 2022

Another trip to the range this morning (in the frost) with the CBE 316-240 in 40-1 alloy with a 2 ply aluminium gas check made with a Freechex II tool.  Load is 19.5gr H4198 (AR2207).  100m/110y.  The front bag I was using was a bit loose for the skinny round bottom foreend of the No4 and I suspect the lateral dispersion reflects this.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Spindrift posted this 27 June 2022

Great results, congrats! That bullet nose with the curious grooves; is it a bore-rider design, or is it a stepped nose? I've been looking at a similar .30-cal bullet inn the CBE catalogue, but the lack of technical data leaves me wondering.

Attached Files

Mike H posted this 27 June 2022

Nice results Jeff,I have a newer mould 316-240 which appears to be the same as yours apart from not having the fine nose grooves.It would have been handy years ago when I did a spot of pig hunting.

Attached Files

barra posted this 27 June 2022

Bhaaa three o’s can’t shoot worth squat.
I’m protesting that must have been accuracised and played with.
Should be totally banned from competition.
If you said 25 or 50 yards I could believe it
Ha learn sumpting every day.
That bullet nose with the curious grooves; is it a bore-rider design, or is it a stepped nose? I've been looking at a similar .30-cal bullet inn the CBE catalogue, but the lack of technical data leaves me wondering.
‘wish he could put up more measurements as I do no wish to go below the neck of my case with the bullet base.
 I think it is a straight nose with lube holding ability.
I too have been looking at that for my 30 -357 mag thingo
Hopefully it would enable me to use adi 2207 which is available still. Since pistol powders have gone extinct unless you want to cut open shot gun shells.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Spindrift
JeffinNZ posted this 28 June 2022

The nose is .304 and the grooves were a project Jim had in mind as an experiment.  I have applied lube to the nose and accuracy was worse.  The mould this bullet comes from is the original prototype the cherry for which Jim dropped in his shop and broke so the currently available variety on the CBE site (now owned by David) is the new version sans nose grooves.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Spindrift
JeffinNZ posted this 01 July 2022

Another test run.  Lyman 314299 in 40-1 alloy over 18gr of H4198 (AR2207) with a homemade gas check, Freechex II 2 ply aluminium.  100m/110.  Interestingly the nose is .302 in the 40-1 alloy but it still groups like this.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
  • Spindrift
Close