VV 135

• 3.8K Views
  • Last Post 20 August 2008
CB posted this 28 July 2008

I need to pick up an 8 lb keg of 135, does anyone have any idea of the best (read cheapest) place to buy right now?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

I will send you a PM, I am going to order some soon.

Attached Files

Wally Enga posted this 28 July 2008

If one of you have a C&R License and  can combine your order with other shooters in your club / area --- Graf & Sons has a pretty good deal where you can get 100 lbs of powder and also another 100 lbs of items like primers shipped on a pallet for a total shipping and haz mat fee of  $70.

I just took delivery on one of these 100lb Powder Orders here and and total shipping costs ended up at just over 2% of  the items cost.

An 8lb of 135 is $147.99 at Grafs.

They do have a good deal on CCI primers now at $92.99 for 5K which works out to $18.60 per K.  We ordered over 70,000 primers.

Wally

Attached Files

Wally Does this work for someone with an FFL as well? What about smaller orders, like around 70 lbs of powder...

Attached Files

I went to their website and you have to order over $500.00 worth of stuff to get a 5% volume discount and you dont need a C&R..

Powder Valley is cheaper for smaller orders..

Attached Files

Wally Enga posted this 28 July 2008

Yep, dealer prices with Any type FFL including the C&R type.

For the 100 lb Powder Special Order --- you have to hit between 96 lbs to 100 lbs.

You can't go over the 100 lb max of powder but doesn't seem to be a problem if you go over on the 100 lbs of additional items like primers --- I had one order that went over 225 lbs total and charge was still the same.

For smaller orders, they will ship up to 50 lbs in 1 package for a $20 haz mat fee + UPS shipping costs.

Wally

Attached Files

CB posted this 30 July 2008

If you go to Camp Perry you can save good money on powder there.

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 31 July 2008

I have bought yesterday a kilo box of Vihtavuori N110 for 73 EUROS that are worth around 110 US$.

Luckily thre are to bars right and left  outside of the gun shop so I could drink something srong. 

That 's whi I mostly use Italian shotgun powders,the cost around 30 EUROS,and the I use smaller quantities.

VV  n135 is a wonderful powder,burning cleanly and bein as versatile as 4895,only a bit slower.

Components cost is becoming an issue.

Giorgio.

Attached Files

CB posted this 31 July 2008

giorgio de galleani wrote: Components cost is becoming an issue.

Giorgio.

The cost of everything is becoming an issue.

Attached Files

CB posted this 31 July 2008

Amen to that!

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 31 July 2008

Girogio was lucky to find a bar next door to sooth his spirits! Last time I went to an Italian restaurant, a middle size and fair grade glass of Chianti was $7.50!

Ric

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 01 August 2008

US $ 7.50 in Italy can buy you two honest recent vintage or one  very good chianti bottle in the supermarket.

For the best Chianti Putto or Gallo nero ,only the sky is the limit.

The Brunello di Montalcino  price is unmentionable.

After my cow boy matches in various regions of Italy,being retred,I have the time to avoid the highways and get lost in the “country roads,take me home"and can find small firms and farmers selling good wies ,olive oil and grappas,sometimes nothing special,sometimes very good,never lousy.

Restaurants are usually too dear at dinner,while we can find good bargains for lunch,

if the parking lot is full of lorries or the pick ups of masons a nd plumbers the lunch is good and cheap.

If we see mercedes or bmw limousines,we run away.

I'll drink the health of cast bullet shooters who do not spend less,but get more bang for their bucks.(grappa from a chap named Maschio,from Gavarine town,near Treviso:

Good shooting to everybody,

Giorgio.

Attached Files

CB posted this 10 August 2008

How much is a pound of sugar over there. Joe

Attached Files

primersp posted this 20 August 2008

hello

in italy idon't know but here in france a pound of powder  only two brand

vectan of dynamit nobel /snpe (french)

or vitavoyri is 35 euro about 60 us

a bit expensive our sugar