200Yard Coyote Experience II

• Last Post 19 April 2019
beltfed posted this 23 March 2019

Just starting this sequel to the Original "200 yard Coyote experience.

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Brodie posted this 19 April 2019

I'll see what I can do.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 19 April 2019

hey brodie::   ::

in a reverse precedent, laced with a little logic .... since you have a coyote target that you could easily " paste " ... heh ...  you could re-enter and give it another try ... no expense to us, so no further entry fee !! ... 

i will probably post the winter coyote shoot about 22/23 apr, but if you miss that, we would still post any late returns later anyway.

been fun ... ken 

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 19 April 2019

I shot "at" my coyote yesterday.  I took my Whitworth 45cal hexagonal bore muzzle loader with me.  After finding a place with a spot with a good back stop and 200 yard visibility, I set up and fired my first sighting shot.  The nipple blew out and landed I do not know where.  Ok, I had my 45 Colt, 45 ACP Ruger convertible with me.  After firing all 20 at the coyote I found that I had hit the paper once, and the backing cardboard once.  You may score me a zero Jim.  I had a lot of fun and frustration, and last night had to listen to every Yote in Coconino County laughing it's tail off.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 19 April 2019

Its only sporting to fire a couple of warning shots!

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 19 April 2019

TOOT TOOT

that is ken blowing own horn.  ken hit the coyote heart 3 times.  pic attached to prove it. ( pasties on earlier targets hits ) 

that is the good news.  don't ask about the other shots ... i would like to think those are the first three, and then the gun got heavy ... ( g ) ...

oh, i need to work with this swede 38 and RCBS 140 gr. as cast a little more.  it is really fun to shoot.

thanks all for shooting this winter ... we will post results in a few days.

if someone didn't get their coyote shot yet, feel free to do so when you get a chance, and we will be glad to post your adventures later .... 

ken

Attached Files

MarkinEllensburg posted this 17 April 2019

That's some great shooting sir!

Attached Files

beltfed posted this 16 April 2019

JIm and Ken,

Thank you for the "Kudus" . I really sweated this one out as I was shooting. 

I thank God for the good conditions and my wife for saying Yes, go and enjoy yourself.

( "just be sure to get the garbage and recycling out when you get home...." and before we go to the Town annual meeting)

I will "pay" for this great day with "honey-do's" the rest of the week.....

Blessings to all on this Holy Week. Blessed and Happy Easter and Passover to all

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 16 April 2019

beltfed :::   that coyote ain't gonna run very far !! 

you did that old rig .... and yourself !! ... very proud ....

i think i would have liked to be there when you were throwing lead downrange ...

i may not always shoot real good but i can always watch real good ...

ken

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 16 April 2019

Well done, Arnie!

Attached Files

Attached PIC of my M1941 Marine Corps Sniper rifle with my target

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • Redleged

Miscue:  4 visitble shots in the little group.  Total 20 consecutive hits in the "9 " ring.

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

Those 5 rounds towards the left were my efforts to move the group to the left and down slightly after the group was building up towards 1-2:00. There are 5 visitble shots in that clump just to the right of the top of the "9". Fortunately today sun was bright at 6:00 and wind was modest at 2:00.

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

The above Coyote was shot this morning, temp 45 degrees.  with my M1941 Marine Corps Sniper rifle/ 20X Lyman STS, 200 yds.off Stix. 20 shots for record:in the heart/lung area:  Score 180/200. Load:  TW-54 Brass/WLR primer/ 22.0 Gr 4759/ 311299 Lino/.311/MTL Lube.Seat bullet to touch lands snugly. 

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 16 April 2019

I lugged my gear out to my backyard range on a tobagon. The front of the thing made pretty decent rest from prone. When I fired it would spring the rifle up in the air. I'm thinking that didn't do much to help but it was pretty entertaining.

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 16 April 2019

We are waiting for a few scores/targets still outstanding. Emails and PMs were sent out this morning if we have nothing for you.  Contact me if you think that is an error.

Jim

Attached Files

beltfed posted this 09 April 2019

Jim,

I still have 3 coyote tgts needing to be shot.

I am loading for them now. But, as youi said, another blizzard to hit WI with 10-14" snow this week. 

Thanks for extension to end April,  Should get them shot by then.

As you also said, Bunnys coming up then.

beltfed/arnie

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 09 April 2019

Well we have another blizzard coming in the upper midwest. Not with standing that, we 50+ bunny targets out so it is time to wrap up the coyotes. Ken is organizing his records but we clearly still have some coyotes still in the field.

Not to worry, if you need until the end of April that is OK. If you can get em shot earlier great. 

Jim

Attached Files

MarkinEllensburg posted this 01 April 2019

It surely was a tough match. I like to use the excuse that the weather played a big factor. I think I like making excuses for my poor field position marksmanship. LOL

Attached Files

Show More Posts
Close