BE-86 ??

• 1.1K Views
  • Last Post 13 May 2016
RicinYakima posted this 11 May 2016

I have not be able to buy Bullseye locally for years. But there are hundreds of pounds of BE-86, but very little loading data. Anyone have experience in 32 ACP, 32/20, 32 H&R?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
R. Dupraz posted this 11 May 2016

Hey Rick:

What in creation is “BE-86"? Sounds like something that belongs to the AF. You been in the cooking sherry again?

Attached Files

Hamish posted this 11 May 2016

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/Powder.aspx?powderid=38

Supposedly faster than Unique, slower than Power Pistol.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 11 May 2016

It is one of the new powders from Alliant. It has 40% nitroglycerin, same as Bullseye, and about the same density. It is also $10 a pound cheaper than Bullseye and there is a lot of it around.

Attached Files

358156hp posted this 12 May 2016

BE-86 is one of the new Government mandated reloading powders with a short, limited shelf life. The so-called “expiration date” powders that have been hinted at for years. These powders are not to be confused with the as yet unreleased, “registered” powders, which are scanned at time of purchase, and linked to the purchasers credit card information for a period not to exceed ten years. Release of these powders has been delayed due to issues with the taggant additives improperly storing data correctly.

Okay guys. Not really. It was another rough day at work, and I'm trying to make myself laugh. It didn't work.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 12 May 2016

358156hp

Damn, I wish you wouldn't do that!!

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 12 May 2016

358156hp wrote: BE-86 is one of the new Government mandated reloading powders with a short, limited shelf life. The so-called “expiration date” powders that have been hinted at for years. These powders are not to be confused with the as yet unreleased, “registered” powders, which are scanned at time of purchase, and linked to the purchasers credit card information for a period not to exceed ten years. Release of these powders has been delayed due to issues with the taggant additives improperly storing data correctly. I appreciate the joke but I am sure in time it will be circulated to my in box, word for word, as absolute fact by a some shooter who believes all such crap. We seem to have an ample supply of such folks.  Our BS detectors seem to be broken.

John

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 12 May 2016

Looking at the limited data Alliant offers online, for a non- +P .45 ACP they are using roughly 7 grains of BE-86 powder for what looks to me to be a close to maximum load, running a 200 grain cast bullet at near 1000 fps. Compared to 4.4 g or so of Bullseye for lower velocities around 800 FPS. Just to talk about a cartridge I am reasonably familiar with.

So judging from this, I would say it's not that much like Bullseye and may not work well in small cartridges like .32 ACP.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 12 May 2016

checking for 380 acp and 9 makarov, BE-86 looks real good for these ~4 grain cases ...

ken

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 13 May 2016

While I am looking at the composition and density of this stuff, it is not too promising as a replacement (also slow burning). But it is available and CHEAP!

Attached Files

358156hp posted this 13 May 2016

Sometime I can't begin to predict what I'll say next. It is about time for another internet scare.

I do agree that BE-86 looks like an interesting powder to try. I guess I'll pick up a couple of lbs and try it out. Although, I did hear on the internet that.....

Attached Files

Close