Best Deal

• 1K Views
  • Last Post 06 February 2016
Wineman posted this 29 January 2016

Looking for a SA 357 with the best price to value ratio. Do I need to look any further than a Ruger BH?

Thanks all,

Dave

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
joeb33050 posted this 06 February 2016

I've been looking at the 357/9mm convertible blackhawk-because 9mm is commonly available for ~$10/50, which means that casting and reloading is kinda uneconomical. I'd reload some/few bought lead 357 bullets, shoot mostly 9mm, and sell the brass to loons.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 06 February 2016

I have a 50th anniversary 357 flat top and I like it a lot. It hangs real nice and feels solid as a rock.

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 05 February 2016

I can only add that usually a used BH is a little cheaper than a new one, and they seldom give problems. And if the gat does have problems, generally Ruger will fix it for free, original owner or not.

I guess it's possible to wear one out, but I have never seen one that was worn out.

Attached Files

Wineman posted this 31 January 2016

Eric,

Thanks for all the help.

Dave

Attached Files

ericp posted this 30 January 2016

No easier than a regular Blackhawk. It's just a smaller frame size, like the original 357 Flattops and Old Models or the New Vaquero. If you can find side by side photos you'll be able to see the difference, if you can hold them side by side it is far more apparent.

Eric

Attached Files

Wineman posted this 30 January 2016

Eric,

Does the flat top allow you to add optics?

Dave

Attached Files

ericp posted this 30 January 2016

Lipsey's currently has a mid-frame Flattop Blackhawk convertible in both stainless and blue. Handier package. http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKNVB-35X My 45 Falttop is very well put together and my most used handgun.

Eric

Attached Files

Wineman posted this 30 January 2016

I need to research the NM Blackhawk then.

Dave

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 29 January 2016

The only handgun I own that I like better than my 357 Blackhawk is my 357 GP100. Both are lifetime guns.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 29 January 2016

I have both the NM Blackhawk convertible and a Vaquero in .357 and love them both. There are lots worse choices than any .357 Ruger.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Close