35 rem to 358 win

• Last Post 21 January 2016
bandmiller2 posted this 19 January 2016

The 35 rem is a b-tard head size and hard to find brass and even harder to form it from 308 head size. Has anyone reamed the chamber out to 358 win, if so how did it come out.?? I'am sure a fella would have some slight legnth rerstrictions in the Marlin levers. Frank C.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 19 January 2016

just a few thoughts ... but the big attraction to a 35 rem. is to have a 35 rem . the prices for a nice marlin 35 rem are fairly high .....probably because those are mostly the oldie/goodie ones ...

so just sell the rifle and buy a 308 .... and make somebody out there very happy with their new toy ....

especially with lever guns you get into trouble with feeding and bolt face when changing cartridges .

geepers i just recently sold my cache of a gallon or so of brass ... i probably have a dozen or so left if you are desperate ... pm me ...

ken

Attached Files

bandmiller2 posted this 20 January 2016

Thanks Ken for the offer I would never deface the early 35 remmy I have but have seen 35's at gun shows for around $300,00 their reasonably common up here in the northeast. I have a good supply of brass from a friend. Frank C.

Attached Files

hrafknel posted this 21 January 2016

Ron Carmichael did that and wrote it up in Handloader's Cast Bullet Special Edition in 1992. He called it a .356 Rimless. It is a 4+ page write-up and he tested with jacked and lead bullets. The main point was to avoid the “tiny .35 Rem shoulder".

Hrafknel

Attached Files

Close