Ruger Switcheroo

• Last Post 14 January 2016
gpidaho posted this 12 January 2016

http.//www.realguns.com/articles/785.htm

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mckg posted this 12 January 2016

I ordered a slightly different model, the Schmuckaroo, with a third barrel in 454... don't want to be caught plinking a bear.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 13 January 2016

I just sent an article to Glenn on my .45 Colt/.45ACP/.44 Special/.44-40/.44 Magnum swap cylinder, squeeze bore TEOTWAWKI revolver.  And this photo is proof that it is not an early April Fool joke!   .45 Colt down the .44-40 barrel is MUCH more accurate than shooting .44-40s through a .45!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 13 January 2016

ed:: would guess color coding might be in order ...

ken

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 13 January 2016

Thanks for sharing that Ed, mistakes can happen. As I own those guns also I might make it mistake proof by powder coating the bullets different colors by caliber. Surprising the amount a bullet will swage down in the barrel. As posted before, SIL fired a 357 round down the barrel of my 30-30 (similar looking Handi rifles at the range) Only damage was a split case and slug even hit the target. lesson learned. Gp

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 14 January 2016

Except this was an intentional test, knowing what would happen, having done it before under controlled lab conditions with proper safeguards. But that is NOT to say that YOU should do it. I did it so that the crime lab could compare my example to an evidence bullet, having seen this before.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Close