Christmas present

• Last Post 11 January 2016
delmarskid1 posted this 11 January 2016

I got a bonus and tips at my job. What better way to honor these lovely folks than to buy a good carry gun? This fella had a rough spot on the hammer lift and the trigger pull ave me a blister but he's been through the Bubba Obedience School of wire clippers and emery cloth. Now he pulls on the leash at about nine pounds and barks real loud.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Brodie posted this 11 January 2016

I have one of the early 44 Bull Dogs with the tight in the barrel.  With hard cast -- air cooled wheel weights-- one round out of five would tumble.  My solution back then was to cast my bullets out of plumbers lead.  They came out of that RCBS mould at 275 gr.  (?) and leaded the barrel a little when shot ahead of 7.5 Unique.  They leaded the barrel a might (it looked like a smooth bore), but no bullets tumbled and I had no trouble shooting in the high 90's in 25yd. slow fire.  I never had to use it in self defense, but I am sure that it would have been very effective to say the least. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 11 January 2016

The big rubber grips help the recoil a lot. I've loaded 200g flat round nose bullets to a guessed 850 fps. 5.2 of AA no. 5.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 11 January 2016

.44 Special in a snubby! That ought to be a handful!

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 11 January 2016

Great little carry gun. Happy for you. Always nice to get a bonus! Gp

Attached Files

Close