Redding Bushing type dies

• Last Post 11 November 2015
.22-10-45 posted this 11 November 2015

Lately I have been using a Redding bushing type neck sizer die for .22 Hornet.  I am able to skip the Lyman M expander when using G.C. bullets.  Case mouth is a tight fit on G.C., but seating doesn't damage bullet.  When seating plain-base bullets, the M die must be used.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
R. Dupraz posted this 11 November 2015

.22-10-45:   At the risk of starting another long winded bruha regarding this topic, I have been using those Redding bushing dies for some time now for my 30's and am completely satisfied with the results. Mine are the full length bushing versions.     After FL sizing with the bushing that I want, the case does go into a Lyman M die. Only to “bell" or expand the case mouth a bit to ease the entry of the cast bullet. Then on to a Wilson straight line seater that has been opened up for the diameter of cast bullet that I'm using. The loaded round run out is normally about 0-.004"   After trying all  other tools and methods, the above has produced the most accurate and repeatable groups for me. So I have long since quit worrying about the process and just  concentrate on marksmanship, bench technique and reading conditions. I am considering entering the .22 cast world and if I do, the process and tools will be the same.  

Attached Files

.22-10-45 posted this 11 November 2015

I use a Wilson seater with Sinclair micrometer adjustable top for bullet seating in both the .22 Hornet & .222 Rem. for both jacket & cast. I find I only need palm of hand pressure to seat bullets.

Attached Files

Close