Rooster Jacket

• 2.2K Views
  • Last Post 15 February 2016
Gene posted this 07 September 2015

I have a bottle of old Rooster Jacket that I need to thin.  What should I use??? Thanks Gene

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
dodgyrog posted this 07 September 2015

I used to use water

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 08 September 2015

Yup, water.

Attached Files

bandmiller2 posted this 29 September 2015

I sit the bottle in hot water to warm it up then add a little warm water to the lube. The stuff reminds me of commercial floor wax. Frank C.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 15 February 2016

I have read that RJ works very well for subsonic loads. Will be casting for the .380 auto. The mold I have in mind will be dropping bullets best suited for tumble lube. LLA is not one of my favorite tumble lubes so nichts on that. I have been reading though that Rooster Jacket dries clear & hard & not sticky. Pros? Cons?

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

jeff houck posted this 15 February 2016

In the distant past I used rooster jacket on my .38 wadcutter loads that I shot in PPC matches. It worked just fine on those.jh

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 15 February 2016

I think the biggest con will turn out to be that they don't make it anymore............Hold the bus Gus believe it or not maybe I'm wrong!

Attached Files

Keith posted this 15 February 2016

It is again available.  I have ordered it in the past year from Midway.  I use it undiluted for bullets which fit without needing to be sized and shot at subsonic velocities.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 15 February 2016

That's good news

Attached Files

Close