RUMOR CONTROL - W231 Has NOT been discontinued

• 2.5K Views
  • Last Post 10 September 2015
Ed Harris posted this 17 August 2015

The powder has not been discontinued nor have we been told that I going to be discontinued.

Mike Van Dyke

Customer Service Representative

Hodgdon Powder Company

6430 Vista DriveShawnee, KS 66218

913-362-9455 Ext. 109

Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 10:32 PM

To: Help Account

Subject: W231 / HP38 being phased out? Please tell me it isn't true....

Can you authenticate this story? If this is another Internet hoax I would like to assist with rumor control. It seems to be all over the net, but there seems to be no link to a source within the company.Thanks. 

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 17 August 2015

Well, did you get an answer?

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 17 August 2015

RicinYakima wrote: Well, did you get an answer?

Yes, the answer is up there, but when I cut & paste the email the forum software stripped the formating and ran everything together.  I've gone back and inserted some hard breaks to make it read a little better.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Longone posted this 17 August 2015

They may not be up front in saying that it will not be replaced by a less expensive to produce product but why hasn't any been seen in a looooong time? My LGS had at least 10 8 lb jugs of Bullseye along with Titegroup and a few others but no 231. Heck, even Alliant came out with a new powder or two and was able to get some Bullseye out but no 231 to be found.

Longone

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 18 August 2015

I'm pretty happy with TiteGroup for fast powder these days, but I haven't seen any HP-38 or 231 here in Idaho for a long time either. On the bright side I did find some H-110 yesterday. I'm back to having all the powder I NEED now and back to just “I wants” Gp

Attached Files

j35nut posted this 18 August 2015

I bought a few pounds of HP-38 in March @ 19.99.

Seen 296 and 231 at the same store last week but didn't buy any.

Eastern VA.

-------- J

Attached Files

Jeff Michel posted this 22 August 2015

I spoke to the Baumler's salesman on Tuesday. He told me that 231/hp38 is still being closely allocated. This should change in the not too distant future as the powder manufacturers are getting caught up with their production demands by the ammunition manufacturers.

Attached Files

Longone posted this 10 September 2015

https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=PDW&i=2318

Longone

Attached Files

Close