Unknow lube sizer dies

• 1.9K Views
  • Last Post 05 July 2015
Jackpine posted this 03 July 2015

I acquired four lube size dies many years ago, being told by the “expert” in the gun shop, that they would fit an RCBS lube sizer. They do not!

The are 1.5 inches in length and .690 inches, diameter.

Thanks, Jackpine

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 05 July 2015

358156hp,

Let me get it together, take pictures and write an article for the Antique Reloading Tool Journal, and it will be available.

Ric

Attached Files

358156hp posted this 05 July 2015

Great. Now I want one.

Attached Files

Jackpine posted this 05 July 2015

Does that still exist??!!!

PM sent.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 05 July 2015

That is fine, send me your address in a PM and I will send you money, yes real money! Ric

Attached Files

Jackpine posted this 04 July 2015

Thanks Ric,

That is a very interesting concept.

We both have something that is of little use alone, so I will start out. If you are interested in the dies, how about $20, (I think that is what I paid for them, but after all these years, it is really kind of a guess) and I will pay the shipping. Otherwise ???

Jackpine

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 04 July 2015

Here is the box.

Attached Files

Jackpine, I made some errors, common any more at my age, I guess. It is a Pacific lube and sizer, and much earlier, prior zip code days.   Anyway, the dies go in the bottom and held by thread and set screw. The rod goes into the shellholder and the whole thing goes into a single stage press.  

Attached Files

Jackpine posted this 04 July 2015

Ric   Post a picture if it is convenient.  It would be interesting to see if it is anything unique.   Jackpine

Attached Files

I will dig it out, it has been in the bottom of the reloading collection for about 10 years. Would you like a picture? Ric

Attached Files

Jackpine posted this 03 July 2015

Hey Ric,

There are numbers scribed on each die by what I am guessing is a vibrating scriber. They are marked 45, 45, 280 and the one without a ram, 311. The rims that I assume snap into some kind of holder are about .480 OD and about .060 thick and the recess below the rim is about .390 on two and .370 on the other and .100 to .150 wide.

Let me know if you think these will work with the Savage.

Jackpine

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 03 July 2015

I believe they are for the short lived Pacific lube and sizer from the 1950's. They lasted about as long as the Savage reloading tools of the same period. I have a tool in the box, but no dies. Maybe we should get together? Ric

Attached Files

Close