6.5x55 brass

• 2.5K Views
  • Last Post 31 August 2015
loco posted this 19 March 2015

Hi Folks. I just noticed that it's time to buy some more 6.5 x 55 Swed brass. Anyone know of a good source, for informal shooting? Winchester or Remington brass will be fine. Thanks, Loco.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Maven posted this 19 March 2015

Try this, loco: http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/12645

Attached Files

loco posted this 20 March 2015

Thanks. I may try the Prvi Partizan? Anyone have any luck with their brass? Loco.

Attached Files

Maven posted this 21 March 2015

Privi Partizan brass is excellent.  I've been using it in various milsurp rifles since the 1990's with nary a problem or split.

Attached Files

loco posted this 21 March 2015

Thanks Maven. I just ordered 100 brass and also 100 of their jsp bullets too. Might as well see how they work. Could be a good deer combo. Loco.

Attached Files

corerf posted this 21 March 2015

PRVI is the only “cheaper” brass with correct extractor groove dimensions. USA made brass is a 473 design. Lapua, Norma, PRVI are all the correct 478. Never slips. Great brass

Attached Files

loco posted this 22 March 2015

I didn't know that. That's good information, I'll make note of that one. Thanks, Loco.

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 30 August 2015

I had the same problen in 2014 and the only brass I could find was Lapua. Expensive, yes but I don't plan on having to buy more either. I had fun shooting the Swede but it won't be the only rifle I'm shooting for fun.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 30 August 2015

Privi brass has become my choice in brass. It's priced lower than most and holds up well to repeated reloading. The variety of calibers they offer is also pretty impressive. Glad to see someone stepping up and supplying the market even if it's not a domestic supplier. Gp

Attached Files

rockquarry posted this 31 August 2015

Nosler 6.5x55 seconds / overruns is sometimes available from the Nosler outlet store.

Attached Files

Close