Base pour copy of Eagan MX2-30-H

• 2.2K Views
  • Last Post 28 February 2015
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
OU812 posted this 27 February 2015

Another one to add to my “does not work or fit perfectly” pile of molds. What advantage does this bullet have over any other good fitting bore rider.

madsenshooter posted this 27 February 2015

It'll shoot like this out of a soon to be 120yr old rifle!  If I'd loaded more, I imagine it would have kept putting them in there.  Imagine what it might do in a good benchrest rifle, or don't imagine, check old issues of the Fouling Shot.  The CG of the bullet isn't nose heavy like a lot of cast bullet designs are.  I don't know what you're trying to fit it in, a bit of bump on the ogive and front driving band makes it fit my K31, which has a 7.47mm bore.

Attached Files

madsenshooter posted this 27 February 2015

Then there's the BC to consider.  What I personally like most about it is the different sizes available.  So, to the fellow who wouldn't sell me the cherry for the .303 version, I still got what I wanted!

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 28 February 2015

You talked me into buying this one. I wonder if Powder Coating will prevent that single stray flier?

Attached Files

madsenshooter posted this 28 February 2015

Loosening the the front band on the old Krag helped some. I don't know a thing about powder coating.

Attached Files

Close