My wee girl's first bunny

• 3.9K Views
  • Last Post 26 January 2015
JeffinNZ posted this 17 January 2015

My wee girl shot her first bunny this evening with the Red Rascal using CCI Velictor ammo. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/JeffinNZ/Shooting%20stuff/Kierafirstbunny_zps7cc6ac8a.jpg

It was a warm evening so we went out the plains to the my usual rabbit/hare farm. As we walked up to the house to see the lady of the estate a rabbit ran across her lawn into the flower bed. A good sign. Mrs B was thrilled to see us and gave us a few pointers on where to go. Kiera shot this within 50m of the car! First shot she was leaning against a post and missed. I got her to lay down using the Harris bipod and she dropped the bunny with the shoulder shot at 30m, stone dead. She was rapt, I near burst with pride.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 17 January 2015

What a joy. I wish I had another granddaughter to take on her first hunt! Have a great summer, Jeff.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 18 January 2015

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=80>JeffinNZ

It is heartwarming to see a smile on a child from a successful hunt. Thank you for keeping our tradition alive.

Gary

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 18 January 2015

Nice. Good on ya.

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 18 January 2015

It reminds me of when my grandson got his first rabbit.  He went all over the neighborhood and showed it to everybody he knew.  thanks to him my tender soled Wife will no longer eat rabbit.  I guess that there is a downside to everything.  Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

oscarflytyer posted this 23 January 2015

You couldn't wipe that smile off with sandpaper! Very Cool! Great to see a kid get hooked on the good things in life!

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 24 January 2015

She did it again last evening. A hare at a good 60m.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JeffinNZ/media/Shooting%20stuff/Kierahare_zps3b20de7b.jpg.html>

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Mike H posted this 24 January 2015

Well done, I was in New Zealand last week,target shooting at Trentham,loved the green grass on the range.Where I come from it is usually dry and brown in the summer.Great to see a new hunter.Mike.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 24 January 2015

Keep up the good work, Jeff! I took my 7 year old grand daughter to the range last week. Her first time, shooting a Marlin youth model. It was great. I have a stash of those Velocitors stock piled before the crunch. Good ammo and accurate.

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 24 January 2015

I remember my son's first hunt, a bunny hunt. A friend of mine took us and he made this statement, “Rabbits are made for kids.” I agree wholeheatedly.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 26 January 2015

iron sights !! been a while since i have seen those ! rather a ” dim ” memory nowadays . ( g ) .

really nice story ... hey that tear cleaned out my eye !!

ken

Attached Files

tlkeizer posted this 26 January 2015

Greetings, I am well over 60, and remember my first game: a cottentail shot with a .22 Chimpmunk.  A joy to see the younger generation carrying on the tradition of hunting so many of us enjoy.  Tell her congradulations from one who remembers from 59 years ago. TK

Attached Files

Close