Guns tell tales

• 2.8K Views
  • Last Post 07 June 2014
bandmiller2 posted this 06 June 2014

Most shooters will jump on a virgin closet queen as their ideal purchase. I'am just the opposite I look for character and signs of long use. A firearm can be used but not abused. Was bumming around the used racks at the Kittery trading post in southern Maine. There it was a pre 64 well worn 32 special winny 94. Blueing worn off the receiver from years of carry but a nice old Redfield receiver sight and  recoil pad to lengthen the stock. Bore was perfect and the ole boy that owned it kept it well oiled and clean. This old rifle took to lead like a duck to water. (watah if your local). The RCBS 170gr flatnose .321 is a gooder. My SKB double birdgun, bought used, has marks on the finish and stock scratches nothing to worry about just enjoy it. Frank C.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
muley posted this 06 June 2014

I know the feeling. I bought my win 94 32 spl in '54 and used it for many years, took

many deer and chucks, a good carry gun. some wear and tear on the stock, but still a

shooter.

Attached Files

Notlwonk posted this 06 June 2014

1926 Winchester 94 in 30-30 26” barrel. Receiver is almost devoid of finish, always wondered how many venison meals it supplied during the depression and war years. ( I've probably taken 10 deer in the past 20 years with it.)

1887  Winchester 1885 high wall 38-40. Has a notch on the comb ??? 

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 06 June 2014

It should be considered impermissible to have such a thread without the posting of pictures!

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 06 June 2014

I agree. No pictures, it never happened!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Notlwonk posted this 06 June 2014

I'll try

http://rs236.pbsrc.com/albums/ff193/notlwonk/SDC12602.jpg~c200>http://rs236.pbsrc.com/albums/ff193/notlwonk/SDC12602.jpg~c200

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 06 June 2014

dang those are pretty .

i last shot a 38-40 back about 1960 ... thot it was a pretty ugly catridge then, but now it would be welcome in my little gun cache.

ken

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 07 June 2014

Rather refreshing to see something besides a gosh darn AR or 1911 ! 

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 07 June 2014

Ed Harris wrote: I agree. No pictures, it never happened!

I believe thats a Hatfield and McCoy picture as I seem to remmember seeing that on TV yesterday as a matter of fact !

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 07 June 2014

Thems my neighbors posin' fur pitsure after church, befur gittin into the corn likker!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 07 June 2014

Dankeschoen ,,, or Thank ye' sir -   as you like

Attached Files

Close