Plastic Indoor Ammo

• 3.5K Views
  • Last Post 31 January 2016
Larry Gibson posted this 08 January 2016

Eutectic wrote: The barrel needs to be clean, you need remove the primer residue every ~12 shots. Just pass a brush and a patch down the bore. I got best results with magnum primers. Steve Hurst
Concur with Steve and others.  I too have shot thousands of them out of Colt Troopers, Pythons and S&W K frames.  Very useful for training new LEOs in proper DA revolver marksmanship.    LMG

Concealment is not cover.........

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
armalite53 posted this 31 May 2014

I guess a photo would be helpful,  huh.

Attached Files

I guess a photo would be helpful,  huh.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 31 May 2014

Shot many thousands of practice rounds from Colt OMM with these. Used cardboard box with a side cut out for the target taped at the corners. Wife made a bath towel curtain that hung from a rod in the middle of the box. You have to have space on both sides of the towel to gently stop the bullets. If careful, you can reload these about 25 times each. Use mildest primers you can find. HTH, Ric

Attached Files

Thanks, that is a great help. Just enough to stop a ricochet.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 31 May 2014

Oh yes, they will ricochet if they hit anything hard! and bounce back at you if you shoot then at a flat wall (or you miss the box).

Attached Files

I had imagined losing the little devils everywhere, if not winding up like the kid in ” Red Ryder"

Attached Files

armalite53 posted this 01 June 2014

Thanks Ric, the trap worked great, but these little buggers don't win any prizes for accuracy, do they? 

Attached Files

armalite53 posted this 01 June 2014

Thanks Ric, the trap worked great, but these little buggers don't win any prizes for accuracy, do they?

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 02 June 2014

Nope, but they beat not shooting for practice!

Attached Files

jhalcott posted this 02 June 2014

I KNOW the 44 version can KILL a cat! In MY .44mag RSBH, 7 1/2” barrel at 27 feet they are quite accurate. Inch or 1 1/2” groups. You MIGHT have to open the primer flash holes if you get serious primer set back. I actually use a Lee mold to cast glue bullets in 38, 44 and 45 caliber for basement shooting. Same box and towel back stop works on those.

Attached Files

armalite53 posted this 02 June 2014

Bullets made from glue. What a novel idea! Of course I'll have to try that.

Attached Files

bandmiller2 posted this 08 January 2016

Wile we're at it why not get or turn wood dowel to the right size and use them. Might be a safe way to reprimand squirrels in the bird feeder. Frank C.

Attached Files

Eutectic posted this 08 January 2016

I have used them to train young shooters. I still have them in the shop somewhere. I got good accuracy 6” barrel gave 2 inches at 15 feet. The barrel needs to be clean, you need remove the primer residue every ~12 shots. Just pass a brush and a patch down the bore. I got best results with magnum primers. I tried paper as a bullet stop, it worked, but when the bullets hit another bullet in the trap both were damaged. Strips of inner tube worked best, the bullets dropped into the bottom of the box.

They are fun and useful,

Steve Hurst

Attached Files

Thumbcocker posted this 31 January 2016

A cardboard box full of rags worked for me and some friends back in the 80's. Need to wash the projectiles once in a while and the cases are prone to split. I finally got some x ring neoprene bullets and drilled out the flash holes on some cases and had better results.

Attached Files

Close